SkadiNu exists to mobilise state-of-the-art technologies and innovations from industry and research. Our specialist consulting services support clients from government agencies, international polar programmes, research institutions, tour operators and private expeditions to make the very best-informed decisions that they can, and achieve their objectives safely and successfully. SkadiNu harnesses a collective group of world-leading multidisciplinary scientists, engineers, and strategists, from a range of research and operations backgrounds, with experience across the following areas:
- Glaciology: terrain assessment services; route selection services; sea ice analysis and forecasting.
- Oceanography: development and implementation of monitoring and data collection activities and hydrodynamic modelling.
- Instrumentation and remote sensing: acquisition of satellite data; design and advice on instrumentation power and telemetry solutions for remote and hostile environments.
- Field activity design and logistics planning: mobile deep field campaigns; viability and risk planning; remote field services; and expedition science program development.
- Programme and project management: research project review and development, project management; zero carbon project delivery; grants management and reporting.
- Data services: computational data services; high performance and cloud computing; data collection, analysis and modelling; and data storage and archiving.
- Science outreach and communication: expert review and scientific editorial services; expert opinion; public speaking; science outreach activities.