Become part of a powerful network
The future presents unprecedented opportunities for Antarctic science and logistics support.
You would be joining a membership of over 70 businesses, educational, scientific and government organisations who meet quarterly in Hobart.
We have the knowledge, resources and expertise to serve the broadest possible range of activities in the Antarctic, sub-Antarctic and Southern Ocean.
We are experts in our field with successful involvement in many projects and expeditions, so we understand our customers.
Covering 25+ Sectors
1,390 Nautical Miles From Antarctica
Nuyina build cost - $A529 million
Aurora Australis completed 150 voyages since 1990
Elphinstone sleds used in Antarctica since 1993
First William Adams tractor sold to French program in 1991
32 crew and 117 passenger capacity on Nuyina
150 fibreglass igloos supplied by Icewall One since 1982
New Member Info
- are part of an organisation that lobbies on behalf of the Antarctic and Southern Ocean sector in Tasmania
- are invited to all TPN events
- can have their product or service marketed on the TPN website
- can be part of all TPN promotional activity on behalf of Tasmania’s Antarctic and Southern Ocean sector
- receive notification of current activities relating to Antarctica and the Southern Ocean
- have the opportunity to network with members of Tasmania’s Antarctic and Southern Ocean community.
Membership fees are payable annually.
Fees are dependent on the size of the organisation and are payable within 30 days of the issue of the invoice. The current (2020 -21) fees are:
Size of organisation Fee
Less than 5 people $130
6 – 50 people $200
More than 50 people $330
Quarterly pro rata membership is available. Membership lapses if fees are not paid within 30 days of the issue of the invoice (normally in August).
Our CommitteeToggle Our Committee
The committee meet four to six times a year. Their role is to guide the strategic direction of the network. The committee reports to members at quarterly general meetings. Members of the committee represent the network and members to the Antarctic community nationally and internationally.
Membership TypesToggle Membership Types
The TPN has several categories of membership; full members, life members and invited observers. Full membership of the Tasmanian Polar Network is open to any business, organisation, body or person that:
· has a demonstrated and verifiable interest in the Antarctic and Southern Ocean;
· operates in or from Tasmania; and
· is committed to actively promoting Hobart’s status as Australia’s Antarctic gateway.
International GatewayToggle International Gateway
Membership Application FormsToggle Membership Application Forms
Please read the documents here to understand the membership joining process.
If you decide you would like to join us, download the application form, complete it and email to us at
We look forward to hearing from you.