Tasmania has a proud heritage of hosting Antarctic and Southern Ocean endeavour, and the Tasmanian Government is committed to providing a high level of support to this sector.
Hobart is an international centre of cold climate expertise. It is home to Australia’s Antarctic and Southern Ocean science community, hosts international Antarctic secretariats, and supports visiting international Antarctic programs.
Antarctic Tasmania is the Hobart-based office within the Department of State Growth tasked with strengthening and growing our Antarctic sector and its brand. Our dedicated staff can provide a tailored and personal service to assist your operations.
We work closely with scientists, research institutions, sectorial organisations, cold-climate businesses, and the Australian Government to grow Tasmania’s Antarctic sector.
We participate in trade missions to identify opportunities for Tasmania’s Antarctic Sector, and provide secretariat support to the Tasmanian Polar Network and the Tasmanian Antarctic Gateway Advisory Committee.
If you need assistance with your Antarctic, sub-Antarctic, Southern Ocean or cold climate endeavours, we can:
• introduce you to the key players in business, government, science and research organisations
• help you source customised goods and services
• provide policy and strategic advice on international Antarctic matters
• assist visiting Antarctic programs to access the products, information and connections they need in an environment free of excess regulation
• attract investment support
• identify collaboration opportunities locally, nationally and internationally.