Specialised Equipment and Services
Phone: +61(0) 412 997 019
Jon Everett, principal of Atlas Idioverse Consultancy, is a physicist / engineer with over 40 years’ experience working in instrumentation design and development within a major industry, for universities, Australian Government R&D laboratories and international research teams.
He spent 16 years working within a University based Research School developing and constructing autonomous instrumentation, communications and power supply systems for deployment at Amundsen-Scott (US), Concordia (France-Italy), Dome Fuji (Japan), Kunlun (China) and Ridge A (US-Australia) Antarctic Plateau bases.
Jon has made multiple summer deployments to Antarctica to install, service and maintain equipment and collaborate with international research groups.
Services and resources available:
- Professional Parametric CAD modelling.
- 3D printer for prototyping / small-scale production.
- Optical and Photonic Design and Prototyping.
- Modelling using Zemax OpticStudio Professional.
- Photonic / Fibre-optic sensor modelling and prototyping.
- Applied UV/ Vis, FTIR, photoacoustic and correlation spectroscopy.
- Non-contact optical stress/strain instrumentation.
- Borehole Imaging and sampling instrumentation.
- Aerogel insulated instrument housings.
- Project documentation and operational/service/inventory manual preparation.
- Antarctic instrumentation deployment logistics