Travtech Polar Services Pty Ltd is a Tasmanian owned specialised engineering company based in Hobart that provides a wide range of products and services to a number of Antarctic programs.
Travtech has completed a number of major projects including the design and manufacture of four science caravan sled modules for the KOPRI Inland Traverse and the design of the WISSARD Project Launch and Recovery System (LARS Drilling Platform) for the sub glacial exploration of Whillans ice stream in West Antarctica
Travtech products and services include:
- Design and manufacture of science and logistic traverse caravan modules and sleds to withstand temperatures below -40°C
- Supply of mobile equipment adapted for Antarctic service.
- Modification of Pisten Bully and other Antarctic snow vehicles including fitting of long range fuel tanks, double glazed cabin windows, heating systems and other specialist winterisation.
- Manufacture and service of power generation equipment
- Service and refurbishment of mobile equipment and powertrain components.
- Design and manufacture of bespoke scientific equipment.
- Supplier of specialised cold weather components.